Lee Auto Malls Charitable Giving Guidelines
Lee Auto Malls has a commitment to support organizations that will improve the quality of life in the communities in which we have a strong presence. Being a good corporate citizen is important to Lee Auto Malls. We have a long record of community philanthropy and support and have a philosophy of giving back to the communities in which we do business. We do this by focusing our support in the areas of education, health and human services, the environment and conservation, arts and culture, and community and civic development. We have selected areas of focus as a method of thoughtfully channeling our resources toward our goals. Sales of quality vehicles, parts and services will help ensure our long-term success and we take seriously our role in making our communities successful as well.
The goal of our philanthropy, along with our employees' volunteer efforts, is to make a difference. Because we are unable to fund all worthy endeavors, areas of focus help us make the greatest impact where critical needs exist. All contribution requests must meet our general guidelines.
PROGRAM FOCUS AREAS
Grants are made under five focus areas that reflect our values and funding priorities:
- Education and Schools
- Health and Human Services
- Environment and Conservation
- Arts and Culture
- Community and Civic Development
The Lee Auto Malls will consider grant/giving applications from organizations that meet the following criteria:
- Provide proof of qualifying non-profit tax exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the US Internal Revenue Code.
- Provide a completed grant application with requested supporting documentation. Use our online applications form or mail to the address below.
- Are located in communities that are generally served by our Lee Auto Mall locations.
- Allow for regular, independent outside audit review and have financial information available upon request.
- Comply with all applicable state and federal laws regarding non-profit organizations including registration and reporting.
- Serve the community without discrimination on the basis of race, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status or sexual orientation.
- Fit within The Lee Auto Mall charitable contributions five focus areas.
GENERAL PROGRAM EXCLUSIONS
Like many donors, we receive many more requests than we can fund. Company policy, budget limitations, and/or federal law may prevent The Lee Auto Malls from providing support to various organizations.
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status or sexual orientation
- Programs in communities where The Lee Auto Malls does not have an operating presence
- Individuals, including support for specific students, scholarships, researchers, travel funds or expenses, conference fees, medical procedures, etc.
- Fraternal, veteran or labor organizations
- Beauty or Talent contests
- Debt-reduction campaigns or operational deficits
- Organizations that may pose a conflict with the goals, programs, products or employees of The Lee Auto Malls
Requests for funding may be submitted by completing our Donation Request Form and returning it to the address listed below.
Requests for donations will be reviewed by the Community Support Committee within 60 days of receipt. Notifications of the status of the request will be sent out following the meeting.
Proposals are accepted and reviewed by our Community Support Committee and should be submitted to:
Community Relations Department
200 Main Street
Westbrook, ME 04092